Did someone write a review on your Yelp page that you feel is not fair? Here are a couple types of reviews that you can dispute on Yelp.
1) A review with hate speech, threats or harassment.
2) A post of other people’s "full names" unless you’re referring to service providers who are commonly identified by or commonly share their own full names.
3) Second-hand stories or stories from friends and co-workers. Write firsthand consumer reviews, not what you heard from your co-worker or significant other.
4) A review that exaggerate or misrepresent the reviewers experience. Yelp doesn't take sides when it comes to factual disputes, so Yelp expects reviewers to stand behind their review.
5) A re-telling of a story or review that has been identically posted on multiple review sites. If you'd like to add new insight to an old experience, just edit your review instead of creating a new update.
6) A review that you don't think was posted by a real customer
7) Businesses and their employees are not allowed to review themselves or their competitors.
8) Former employees aren't allowed to review their former employers.
9) Yelpers are not allowed to post reviews in exchange for money, gifts, or other consideration.
10) Intended to promote another business or website.
Can I take down old reviews that are out-dated?
Reviews do not expire, and all of a business's recommended reviews count towards its overall rating. However, the most recent, relevant, and reliable reviews are featured first and foremost.
Also, don't ask your customers to review your business on Yelp. Over time, solicited reviews create bias in your business listing — a bias that savvy consumers can smell from a mile away.
If I can't ask customers to review us on Yelp, How else can I put the idea in their head?
1) Put a badge and link to your Yelp listing on your website using Yelp's review badges.
2) Put a "Find us on Yelp" sign in your place of business, on the front counter or window.
3) Include a link to your Yelp business listing in your email signature with the words, "Check us out on Yelp!"
How do I dispute a review?