Monday, November 23, 2015

Linkedin For Local Businesses

Linkedin is another great social media website to interact with your companies audience and great value for your company website. Here are a few ways to improve your Linkedin Profiles and get the most out of them.

The Company Profile

Make sure to create a profile for your company and add a URL to increase the amount of links to your website. Also share updates on your blog or directly on Linkedin. Like Facebook, you can add updates to your company profile. I like to upload blog articles.

The Employees Profile

Every employee should create a profile on Linkedin and link their profile to the company profile. The more attention given to each profile the more value will pass on to the company website.

Linkedin Connections

Get connected with other business owners in your geographic area. Get active in your city and make friends. The more connections you make the more value your profile holds to pass on value to your company website.

Linkedin Groups

You have thousands of groups to choose from. Pick 40+ groups that are relevant to your company. You will be able to become connections with anyone in the group once accepted.

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Great TV for Local Business Success

Hey Small Business Owner, I watch all of these shows and think you could learn a lot from the lessons told in these TV shows.

The Profit - Self-made millionaire and serial entrepreneur Marcus Lemonis fixes failing businesses to save jobs and to make money. He puts his own cash on the line and doesn’t mind getting his hands dirty to make things right, but once he makes a deal he’s 100% in charge. Airs: Tuesday Nights at 7pm PST

Restaurant Startup - Each week, two teams will pitch their food ideas to TV personality and restaurateur Joe Bastianich and chef and restaurant operator, Tim Love. Joe and Tim will invest their own money in food concepts they believe will make them millions. Only one entrepreneur will receive the opportunity of a lifetime. New Season Coming in 2016

Consumed: The Real Restaurant Business - In a new primetime docu-series, “Consumed: The Real Restaurant Business,” CNBC takes viewers behind –the -scenes of five very different restaurants in the ultra-competitive New York food scene, chronicling their every struggle and occasional triumph. CNBC, please renew this TV Show!

Bar Rescue - In Spike TV's series, Jon Taffer, one of the country's top restaurant and bar consultants, will give failing establishments one last chance to succeed. The show will delve into every business facet of running a bar from creating a profitable drink/food menu to crowd management to music selection to managing disgruntled employees. Airs Sunday at 10pm EST

Friday, November 6, 2015

Yahoo! Signs Search Deal with Google

The latest news in the SEM industry is Yahoo's new deal with Google. Three-year deal to put Google's results and ads into some of Yahoo's search results, Yahoo will have the ability to show search results both paid and organic from Google search results. Under the Services Agreement, Yahoo has discretion to select which search queries to send to Google and is not obligated to send any minimum number of search queries.

What does this mean for my paid search?
Continue to do PPC with Google and Bing. If you max out on search volume and spend then consider Yahoo! Gemini however understand that Yahoo! Gemini will be playing a very small role in the paid search results supplied by Yahoo!

What about mobile?
Yahoo! still has a deal in place that 51% of all mobile search results must come from Bing. The other 49% will be a combination of Yahoo! Gemini and Google.

When did this partnership begin?
The agreement between the two companies went into effect on October 1, 2015. The term of the three-year contract runs through December 31, 2018, and is presumably subject to renewal.