Looking to market yourself in your local area? Here are 11 tips for local search success:
1) Keep your data consistent across all local websites; SuperPages.com, Google Maps, and your own website.
2) Optimize your website for local search queries; Include throughout your website keyword phrases about your service and geographic location.
3) Sign up and participate in industry specific social networks. Participants of social networks are actively looking for subject experts and additional information, fulfill their needs.
4) Improve the ranking of your website and name in the major search engines. When someone searches for you in Google you want them to find your website or name as high up on the search results as possible (ideally in Position One).
5) Include your website in all forms of communication; email signatures, business cards, etc.
6) Get customers to review your website on third-party review aggregates; Yelp, CitySearch, etc.
7) Optimize other media for local search queries on the Internet; videos, podcasts, webinars, press releases, blog articles,
8) Keep all of your local listings up-to-date if you change your business information quickly make the change so you don’t lose any potential customers.
9) Use geo-tags in your websites code to help the search spider index your website for local search queries.
10) Obtain external links to your website from professionals in your industry and your geographic location.
11) Make contact information easy to find to improve your conversion rate and requests for additional information.
For professionals in the legal, real estate, insurance, financial, and medical industries, local search marketing can be a great way to reach new customers and clients without spending an arm and a leg.