Your current video campaigns and campaign data (statistics, settings, targeting criteria, and remarketing lists) will carry over to the upgraded view. You will not lose any data.
A single AdWords buying experience (All campaigns in one place)
If you also have other campaign types such as search and display, your video campaigns will be unified in a single location in the left-hand sidebar.
- Columns - All will be unified in a single view in the data table. New columns for Conversions (if enabled), Google Analytics (if linked), and more will be available.
- Filters - With advanced filtering tools, you can filter your campaigns by data in any column and save that filter for later use.
- Segments - You'll still have access to current segment types such as device, network, time, view type, click type, and conversions (if enabled).
Like a targeting group, an ad group is a set of targeting criteria and bids that you can manage together. Currently, targeting groups are created independently of video ads. Going forward, an ad group will contain video ads with common targeting criteria and bids.
Also, an ad group can only have video ads with the same format. If you want to run in-stream and in-display ads, you will need to create two different ad groups. Your current targeting groups will be automatically restructured into ad groups. But, the original targeting criteria for your targeting groups will carry over to their updated ad groups.
Improved bulk management tools
- Bulk edits - With bulk editing tools, you can simultaneously update multiple items in one campaign, or across multiple campaigns.
- Bulk uploads - With bulk uploads, you'll be able to download spreadsheets, make edits offline, and then upload the updated spreadsheet back into your account where your changes will be applied.
- Automated rules - You can make changes in your account automatically, based on settings and conditions you choose. For example, you can change your ad status, budget, bids, and more.
YouTube account linking will merge with other types of linked accounts within the AdWords settings menu.
Video remarketing will be available in the unified AdWords shared library. Remarketing for other campaign types will continue to be available under 'Audiences' in the shared library.
When is the deadline to migrate?
October 12th, if you haven't upgraded already there will be an auto-upgrade of your video campaigns.